Reporting to the plant manager, the Continuous Improvement and Processes Leader supports managers in improving their operational processes by implementing and monitoring activities to maximize the effectiveness of the various resources used. He also provides training to employees in the areas of health and safety, food safety and other basic training.
Lead of improvement projects
- Develop, propose and prioritize Lean Six Sigma and process improvement projects;
- Executes Lean Six Sigma and process improvement projects related to the plant's strategic plan;
- Supports quality and process specialists in the implementation of projects;
- Facilitates workshops in a DMAIC project management approach;
- Assistance in identifying opportunities for improvement;
- Manages change brought about by new methods;
- Organizes and participates in prevention activities and raises workers' awareness of value-added production concepts;
- Analyze the various causes of waste and suggest improvements;
- Implement and support managers in their respective improvement projects;
- Plan and organize the various improvement programs (H&S, TPM, 6S, Six Sigma, Ishikawa diagram, etc.)
- Support for the implementation of new products;
- Technical expert: Operations coach;
- Ensure line start-ups are on-time and consistent;
- Participates in various operational meetings.
Knowledge Management Processes
- Documents processes and writes work instructions and specifications;
- Develops and maintains the tools necessary to improve the organization's overall performance;
- Develops training related to their field of expertise and trains the workforce appropriately.
SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Bachelor of Science/Industrial Engineering/Food or Chemical Engineering or eguivalent education/experience;
- Possess 2+ years of relevant experience in manufacturing;
- Specialist in business process improvement;
- Desire for career growth;
- Communicate effectively in both languages: French and English (spoken and written);
- Willing and available to cover the various shifts as needed;
- Be available for occasional travel.