The Internal Trainer is responsible for introductory/onboarding and coaching of production workers, but will not replace the OJT training provided currently by Production Workers. Duties include, but are not limited to: training production workers on operating process machinery through control panels, computer terminals or other control systems while adhering and fully comprehending GMP’s; set up and adjustment of processing and packaging equipment; and maintaining a safe working environment.
- Ensure complete understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices;
- Train/coach production workers to operate multi-function process control machinery (and ERP system) through control panels, computer terminals or other control systems to mix, blend, cook or otherwise process food products, and to bag, box or otherwise package food products;
- Train production workers to monitor gauging and control devices to verify specific processing conditions and make adjustments to process variables such as cooking times, ingredient inputs, flow rates and temperature settings;
- Train production workers to set up and adjust processing and packaging equipment;
- Train production workers to monitor products conformity and ensure compliance to company’s standards and perform adjustments to equipment if necessary, and record production data such as quantity, weight, size and types of products packaged;
- Administration of POKA, including but not limited to, training video creation and paper administration for training documentation;
- Maintain a positive, respectful and open communication process with team members while maintaining a clean work environment;
- Informs Human Resource Director of any training issues that may negatively affect the production performance according to company standards;
- Follow all sanitation, food safety and workplace safety guidelines;
- Ability to work overtime including weekends when needed;
- Actively participate in 6S and continuous improvement projects when needed.
- Must be able to work flexible schedules and will be required to work across shifts; Minimum 1 year experience in the food industry is preferred;
- High School Diploma or equivalent education required;
- Experience in an automated, high speed environment.
- Excellent manual dexterity; Strong physical endurance; Strong attention to detail;
- Good communication both verbal and written;
- Must be able read, interpret and comprehend weights, measurements, mathematical equations;
- Demonstrate precise, autonomous and efficient work characteristics;
- Be able to effectively understand and adhere to a variety of guidelines and work procedures (including health, safety, hygiene and sanitation), alongside prioritizing and organizing workload;
- Ability to stand for long periods of time;
- Respect of hygiene and sanitation regulations;
- This position has been identified as a safety sensitive position