Reporting to the Warehouse Supervisor/Manager, the Forklift Driver is responsible for operating a forklift to move, locate, relocate, stack, stage and count product and materials. The individual is also responsible to maintain a product, material, ingredient flow for the production lines, according to specifications of the production schedule. S/He is accountable for the safe and efficient operation of the vehicle. Will use industrial motorized equipment to move raw, in-process and finished goods to appropriate locations. This position also involves managing and monitoring stock to best serve our customers, and housekeeping tasks, and promoting and maintaining a safe work environment.
- Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following prescribed work methods;
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and company policies and procedures;
- Load, unload, move, stack, and stage product and materials using a forklift for same day or next day production (packaging material, raw material, etc.);
- Prepares production needs (raw materials and packaging) according to the production schedule;
- Maintain inventory levels to ensure that the production department have material to meet their production needs;
- Load and unload material, ingredients, products from automated or manned storage units
- Ensure proper stock rotation – FIFO;
- Efficiently move product from staging and/or storage areas into appropriate production work areas;
- May prepare customer orders ensuring the accuracy of the products and their quantities;
- Ensure that all transactions are recorded in computer-based system by scanning products and materials accurately;
- Provide support to various activities of the warehouse;
- Inform his immediate superior any problems or potential process improvements;
- Report and replace any defective item prior to packing;
- Keep appropriate records and reports to guarantee that tight inventory control and security are maintained;
- Actively participate in 6S and continuous improvement projects;
- Comply with OSHA and SDS Standards
- Develops training related to their field of expertise and trains the workforce appropriately.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is preferred;
- Have a good driving history;
- 2-5 years equivalent experience in a warehouse environment (food manufacturing environment preferred);
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices in food production is preferred;
- Demonstrate the ability to certify and maintain certification on a forklift or other industrial power equipment;
- Previous experience with ERP systems preferred;
- Able to operate hand tools, forklift, ladder, dolly, scissor lift, pallet jack, hand truck;
- Must be proficient with computers, Microsoft office, hand-held scanners and printers;
- Capable of sitting, standing, and walking for extended periods of time; can work for 10-12hrs a day;
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to work independently, and maintain a safe work environment;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, challenging, and consistently changing environment;
- Ability to work independently, and maintain a safe work environment;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and effective communication with peers, supervisors;
- Must be flexible with work hours and be able to work overtime and weekends when needed;
- This position has been identified as a safety sensitive position within Leclerc Foods USA, Inc.
- Must be able to lift from floor to waist 55 lbs. 33% of the time.
- Must be able to lift from waist to shoulder 55 lbs 33% of the time.
- Must be able to push/pull a maximum force of 54 lbs.
- Regular and reliable attendance.