Leclerc Foods, North American leader specialized in the production of cookies and snack bars, is currently looking for candidates to fill the position of Human Resources Manager - US Operations. We are pursuing an ambitious growth plan, supported by the essential contribution of our 1,400 employees who work at our nine plants in Canada and the United States. In this context, the development of people, the support of our leaders in their management activities and the implementation of best management practices are at the forefront and require the support of an experienced human resources team.
Leclerc Foods has two plants in Kingsport, TN and this new leader will be based at our second plant which opened in 2017.
Reporting to the Vice-President, Human Resources, the Human Resources Director - US Operations has a key role in the development and implementation of human resources strategies and processes in order to support growth and meet the needs of our four US plants in Pennsylvania, Tennessee and Arizona. The incumbent of that position will prepare the resulting action plans and ensure, with his team, the implementation, monitoring and measurement of their impact, for all our manufacturing operations in the United States. The position will lead and manage the fivehuman resources professionals that make up our American HR team. This role operates in a multisite and multijurisdictional context, and where information technology is ever present.
The role actively supports leaders through coaching, talent management, organizational design, change management, employee relations, succession planning and business partnering. The Human Resources Director – US Operations develops and ensures the implementation of strategies to ensure attraction, retention, talent development and dissemination of culture within the organization and puts into practice the human resources policies that already exist in the organization.
• Recommends the human resources management strategies and action plans that aim to achieve the objectives of US plants in collaboration with the Vice-President, Operations, Senior Director, US Operations and Plant Managers;
• Works directly with Plant Managers and their teams to remain deeply connected and knowledgeable about the business and the operating environment;
• Acts as a coach at the various levels of management, with the aim of developing their skills and those of their team;
• Assists leadership in performance management and developing effective pipeline and succession plans;
• Responsible for the performance management process as well as the compensation review process;
• Collaborates in carrying out organizational development and talent management projects;
• Manages change, creates and implements effective strategies and internal communication plans to allow the organization to prosper during periods of change;
• Supports and developsHuman Resources professionals in manpower planning activities, recruitment, identification, selection and retention of talent, monitoring absenteeism, disability files and workers compensation claims, as well as in the benefits management stages;
• Recommends and monitors key performance indicators of our human resources programs;
• Makes recommendations to management to improve human resources policies, procedures and practices;
• Ensures compliance with federal and state laws and regulations;
• Collaborates with the Occupational Health and Safety team to improve and maintain best practices in this area and to support managers in their activities.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or any specialty related to this role;
• 15 years of generalist experience in human resources, preferably in a high-speed and high‑volume manufacturing sector, and 5 of which leading a small team;
• Experience managing, planning and implementing projects and strategic change initiatives in collaboration with leaders of the organisation and in a lean management environment;
• Outstanding interpersonal and influencing skills, and ability to build relationships at all levels in the organization;
• Proven achievements in collaborative contexts and demonstrating leadership, coaching ability, tact and diplomacy;
• Strong oral and written communication skills;
• Demonstrated skills in problem solving, prioritizing, strong ability to balance the sense of urgency and the need to take a step back for informed decision-making;
• Excellent judgment, sense of ethics and integrity, and being able to work in an environment where change is ubiquitous;
• Enthusiastic team leader with a strong drive to create a positive and dynamic work environment;
• Able to get hands-on in operational activities related to human resource management;
• Good knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite;
• Available for regular trips to other American plants and occasionally at the Head office in Canada;
• Preferred HR professional certification (SHRM-SCP, SHRM-CP, PHR).
We firmly believe that it is the team that makes the difference and allows Groupe Leclerc to stand out from the big multinational food companies. Authenticity, innovation, respect, commitment and pleasure at work are the values that describe us and that we seek in people.