Reporting to the Senior Sales Director of Dollar, Drug, Grocery and Mass, the () will be responsible for the growth and success of our sales in the Breakfast Bars, Nutritional Bars, Snack Bars, Cookie and Cracker categories in the Drug/Dollar channel through the continued development of existing business and development of new business as well as management of Dollar General, CVS and Walgreens and other named accounts. The will be a key contributor in helping set strategies and objectives for annual sales and strategic plans. Also, he/she will initiate, promote, and align strategy and achieve the sales objectives with the selected accounts located in the NAM’s assigned territory and/or customer base. The position is home office based in the United States with considerable required travel.
- Develop strong relationships with Key customer contacts at designated accounts
- Foster and enrich team relationships with our customer base within assigned area
- Manage sales and promotional strategies aligned with company mandates.
- Target new business opportunities as directed and/or agreed upon with Sr Sales Director;
- Develop new techniques and plan growth strategies for achieving all the corporate sales objectives;
- Prepare sales forecasts and strategic planning for these customers;
- Negotiate and conclude agreements and contracts with these customers;
- Exercise leadership in managing accounts and their projects under his/her responsibility by improving the degree of client satisfaction in order to generate more revenues;
- Collaborate in the introduction of new products;
- Work in close cooperation with existing teams to ensure strong communications and to propose solutions tailored to each situation or customer
- Responsible for effective account leadership and managing the day-to-day activities through timely communication, effective daily sales/reporting activities, including promotional activities, correcting out of stocks and tracking competitive activities to proactively anticipate trends and their repercussions on the market.
- Continue to show added value and why Leclerc is a preferred vendor to our customers.
Skills and qualifications
- Hold a Bachelor's degree in business administration or related field of study;
- Have 5-10 years of private label sales experience or retailer headquarter experience
- Experience and knowledge of complex private label sales process, strategic and conceptual selling, forecasting / planning, project management, negotiation and relationship-building with multiple functions at the client level;
- Experience calling on or working for Drug/Dollar customers a plus
- Self Starter with the ability to work out of a home office;
- Highly Organized;
- Timely and Focused follow up with customers on outstanding items;
- Strong strategic thinking and process development skills;
- Above average ability to use Microsoft Office Functions (Powerpoint, Word, Excel, Outlook) as well as enterprise systems
- Experience using Customer Relationship Management Software
- Excellent judgment, strong sense of ethics & integrity, result oriented
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and adapt quickly to change
- Road Warrior- willing to travel as needed, sometimes up to 3 weeks per month
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions;
- Work within or lead multidisciplinary teams to work on product development;
- Use personal effectiveness to link relationships, processes, and business methodologies with revenue-producing activities;