The position have 2 main responsabilities : Internal Trainer and Health & Safety Facilitator
The Internal Trainer is responsible for introductory/onboarding and coaching of production workers, but will not replace the OJT training provided currently by Production Workers.
The Health & Safety Facilitator, present on the production floor, works closely with the Health & Safety Department and is primarily responsible for providing support to plant personnel to ensure that health and safety procedures, policies and practices are understood and followed.
- Ensure complete understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices;
- Train/coach production workers to operate multi-function process control machinery (and ERP system) through control panels, computer terminals or other control systems to mix, blend, cook or otherwise process food products, and to bag, box or otherwise package food products;
- Train production workers to monitor gauging and control devices to verify specific processing conditions and make adjustments to process variables such as cooking times, ingredient inputs, flow rates and temperature settings;
- Train production workers to set up and adjust processing and packaging equipment;
- Train production workers to monitor products conformity and ensure compliance to company’s standards and perform adjustments to equipment if necessary, and record production data such as quantity, weight, size and types of products packaged;
- Administration of POKA, including but not limited to, training video creation and paper administration for training documentation;
- Maintain a positive, respectful and open communication process with team members while maintaining a clean work environment;
- Informs Human Resource Director of any training issues that may negatively affect the production performance according to company standards;
- Follow all sanitation, food safety and workplace safety guidelines;
- Actively participate in 6S and continuous improvement projects when needed.
- Participates in the implementation, communication and compliance of the golden rules, health & safety programs, procedures and instructions for the entire plant;
- Participates in or conducts accident investigations and analyses;
- In charge of the plant's health and safety communications: updates Tier 1 boards, plant traffic lights and POKA display for accidents;
- Is involved in risk analyses of tasks and work stations;
- Participates in safety related audits;
- Participates in the plant's health & safety committee;
- Supports subcontractors in complying with health and safety requirements;
- Supports plant managers in the follow-up of corrective actions related to safety;
- Is the accessible resource for management and plant personnel on issues related to health and safety;
- In charge of managing, updating and communicating KPIs.
- Must be able to work flexible schedules and will be required to work across shifts; Minimum 1 year experience in the food industry is preferred;
- High School Diploma or equivalent education required;
- Experience in an automated, high speed environment;
- Abilitie with software and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Demonstrate the ability to learn and understand practical knowledge of regulatory requirements;
- Experience in the development and implementation of health and safety policies/procedures (with current employment record);
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization;
- Experience working with multidisciplinary teams (internal and external);
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain employee confidentiality, particularly with respect to participation in incident investigations;
- Conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times, influencing by example.