Reporting to the Sanitation Supervisor, the Sanitation Worker's position is primarily responsible to sanitize/clean the facility and production equipment according to the company's procedures. ln addition this position has a basic understanding of the equipment and equipment's function along with chemical application awareness and can perform basic equipment breakdowns. Must be able to work effectively in a team-based environment, set priorities to meet deadlines, handle multiple tasks, and make decisions under pressure.
- Willing to perform different tasks per the supervisor's instructions and in accordance with all safety guidelines mandated by the employer;
- Follow GMP guideline and follow safety practices, including but not limited to: Lock out tag out, chemical handling, proper lifting techniques, proper PPE;
- Report food safety issues to the Sanitation Supervisor;
- Follow Standard Sanitation Operating Procedure (SSOP) guidelines as they refer to proper cleaning and sanitation of all equipment required for this position;
- Must be able to read and follow instructions for chemical usage and cleaning specifications as set by the company;
- Ability to use cleaning and sanitizing chemicals and high pressure and low pressure water hoses;
- Perform machine breakdown for cleaning purposes; disassemble and reassemble production equipment;
- Manually clean equipment; rinse, foam, scrub and sanitize production equipment; clean in place equipment (CIP) ensuring that ail areas meet standard requirements;
- Complete sanitation daily documentation (checklists) accurately;
- Return ail sanitation documents and tools at end of shift;
- Work lndividual or in a Team Work environment;
- Communicate with Supervisor and/or Team Leader regarding any sanitation concerns observed throughout shift;
- Create and maintain POKA guides relative to all production operations;
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred;
- Previous manufacturing and/or food production experience is preferable;
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices in food production is preferable;
- Ability to work with others in a fast-paced team environment;
- Excellent manual dexterity;
- Strong physical endurance;
- Ability to stand for long periods of time;
- Ability to effectively understand and follow a variety of guidelines and work procedures (including health, safety, hygiene and sanitation), alongside prioritizing and organizing workload;
- Mechanical aptitude is preferable;
- Basic math skills;
- Knowledge of chemicals used in food plant cleaning and sanitation, in addition to practices and procedures;
- Must be flexible with work hours and be able to work overtime and weekends when needed;
- Must be able to lift from floor to waist 35 lbs. 33% of the time.
- Must be able to lift from waist to shoulder 35 lbs 33% of the time.
- Must be able to push/pull a maximum force of 114 lbs.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This position has been identified as a safety sensitive position within Leclerc Foods USA, Inc.