LINE OPERATOR – ROBOTIC PACKAGING
Canada’s leader in the production of cookies, Leclerc also manufactures sugar wafers, snack bars, breakfast cereals, crackers, and chocolates. The thriving family company currently sells its products in more than twenty countries all over the world.
Leclerc is, and has always been, on the leading edge of technology and constantly works to ensure the complete satisfaction of its customers. Together with over 900 employees, the company builds on production processes and rigorous distribution networks in order to offer the highest quality products. For more than 110 years, Leclerc has successfully balanced innovation, freshness, and good taste, pleasing customers of all ages.
Reporting to the Business Unit Leader, the Line Operator is responsible for the efficient and safe machine operation, producing high quality product and finish product packaging. The Line Operator must maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations. Must be able to work effectively in a team-based environment, set priorities to meet
deadlines, handle multiple tasks, and make decisions under pressure.
- Follow all safety requirements required by company policy;
- Set up and adjust processing and packaging equipment;
- Operate and monitor multi-function process control machinery (and ERP system) through control panels, computer terminals or other control systems to mix, blend, cook or otherwise process food products, and to bag, box or otherwise package food products;
- Report equipment problems and the need for preventive maintenance with team leader/supervisor;
- Work closely with Q.C. to assure conformity of product to customer requirements;
- Monitor products conformity and ensure compliance to company’s standards;
- Perform adjustments to equipment if and when necessary;
- Record production metrics data such as quantity, weight, size and types of product packaged to ensure conformance to company standards;
- Assist the Production Supervisor/Lead Person in achieving scheduling requirements;
- Ability to rotate and learn different areas of the production line/multiple lines;
- Maintain a positive, respectful and open communication process with team members;
- Ability to provide on-the-job training to new employees;
- Maintain a clean and organized work area, by following daily housekeeping and 6S standards;
- Promote and maintain a culture and attitude of continuous improvement, working within the company team to make it a more
- efficient and safer place to work;
- Create and maintain POKA guides relative to production operations;
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred;
- Previous manufacturing and/or food production experience is preferable;
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices in food production is preferable;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, challenging, and consistently changing environment;
- Excellent manual dexterity; Strong physical endurance; Ability to stand for long periods of time; Ability to lift up to 50lbs;
- Ability to effectively understand and follow a variety of guidelines and work procedures (including health, safety, hygiene and
- Mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting through root cause problem solving;
- Basic math skills; Basic computer skills;
- Must be flexible with work hours and be able to work overtime and weekends when needed;
- This position has been identified as a safety sensitive position within Leclerc Foods USA, Inc.
Joining Leclerc's dynamic and passionate team provides an opportunity to work every day to promote people’s well-being by offering high quality products. Would you like to build a career in a motivating work environment with nonstop exciting challenges? Please apply through the site.