The Quality Control Technician reports to the Quality Manager. S/he is responsible for ensuring controls relative to the food transformation process with heavy concentration on hygiene and sanitation. In addition, s/he will be responsible for ensuring efficient and effective operational functionality of product by performing a number of quality control analytical processes.
- Inspect the day-to-day quality and food safety activities;
- Effectively communicate quality control expectations to production personnel; Monitor GMP’s for compliance;
- Ensure that employees adhere to manufacturing, hygiene and sanitation standards;
- Conduct start-up and in-process checks to ensure the manufacturing process is conforming to customer specifications. This includes verification for correct product, correct formulation, documentation of ingredient lot numbers, correct code date / best by date etc.;
- May perform pre-operation inspection at the start of the production shift as well as pre- sanitation inspection at the end of the shift;
- Validate production pre-operational sheets are complete and accurate;
- Conduct metal detector and X-ray checks and monitoring through the course of the shift;
- Conduct sensory evaluations of raw materials and finished product, ensure specification compliance for finished products;
- Calibration of all scales and other laboratory equipment;
- Conducts sanitation verification swabs (ATP, allergen) and environmental monitoring;
- Compose and follow up on non-conformity reports;
- Prepare daily production samples for laboratory analysis;
- Support physical, chemical and microbiological analyses;
- Ensure compliance with established policies and procedures such as HACCP, GMP’s, SSOP, process deviation, hold and release;
- Communicate issues and concerns regarding product quality or safety to managers through written and verbal communication Work closely with production, maintenance and sanitation to troubleshoot problems and develop quick and effective solutions
- Actively participate in 6S and continuous improvement projects when needed;
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Create and maintain POKA guides within the quality department;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree in Food Science and Technology, Biology, or equivalent combination of education/experience;
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in food technical field (engineering, food science, chemistry) with industry experience;
- Knowledge of GFSI / BRC, SQF, GMP and other food safety standard including HACCP or similar food industry regulations is preferred;
- Experience using Microsoft Office and other computer based applications (I pad, One Note, etc.);
- Excellent people skills, maintain a positive attitude and ability to motivate people, specifically mentoring and coaching individuals;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written;
- Must be able read, interpret and comprehend weights, measurements, and mathematical equations;
- Be able to effectively understand and adhere to a variety of guidelines and work procedures (including health, safety, hygiene and sanitation), along with prioritizing and organizing workload;
- Ability to learn quickly and work both independently and as a team;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, challenging, and consistently changing environment;
- Excellent manual dexterity;
- Ability to stand; walk; for long periods of time; Able and willing to work 10-12hrs daily;
- Must be flexible with work hours and be able to work overtime and weekends when needed;
- This position has been identified as a safety sensitive position within Leclerc Foods USA, Inc
- Must be able to lift from floor to waist 20 lbs. 33% of the time.
- Regular and reliable attendance.